Friday, March 18, 2011

You don’t need that much money (to live in this city)


In my way to the office, I sat in a bus to… well, where my office is, and like it’s always been, there are so many… what do you call them… street singers.

And I thought, God! They’re just such a mess! They suck big time! I hardly ever heard a street singer with good voice, or even not-bad voice, especially in the morning on my way to the office. Because at the afternoon when I went back home, some couple of times I met good singers too. Or at least not bad.

But the morning street singer… especially those kids and teenagers are just like... arrr.... really, really, suck!

So it came to my mind that… OMG! We don’t need that much money to live in this city! We don’t even have to have skills or talents.

I have an idea that, when I have no money but I have to go somewhere anyway, I will pretend to be a street singer and jump from one bus to another.

And I even already have one song in mind. The song’s called “You don’t need that much money (to live in this city)”

So here's the song:

"I'd live on the street, and be the one in need.
I'd be the one in need, maybe I'm lucky indeed.
Oh what else should I say, to make a rhyme?

I have no talent, or ability... to make some money.
But... when I saw them... the street singers...
I realize that I just have to sing anything I have in my mind.

Reff:
I don't need money to live in this city.
I'd still be living and happy.
You don't need money to live in this city.
You'd still be sleeping like a baby.
But FYI, babies are awake every two hours and cry.


I know, I know...
My voice isn't that good (not even not bad)
Basically I don't even play the guitar... or any musical instrument.
I just need to clap my hands, and open my mouth to sing, anything I have in my mind.

This song is not even good enough.
The only reason I take your attentions
maybe just because I'm singing in English
I can even sing in Chinese and you won't understand anyway
Because even if you're speaking Chinese,
You'd probably just think it's Vietnamese.

I don't need money to live in this city.
I'd still be living and happy.
You don't need money to live in this city.
You'd still be sleeping like a baby.
But FYI, babies are awake every two hours and cry."

I know, a song should be sung. I already sing it my self but I have to play the guitar first and record my song on YouTube. Then, maybe I'll give you the link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment